Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My wingmates, my IITK family

I clearly remember my first few days at IITK. I remember reaching the Kanpur station, reporting at the counselling service desk, opening the lock of my room, meeting my student guide. I remember meeting my wing mates, some of them were round, some of them were tall, some of them were dark and some were almost white. We were told by our seniors that these IITK hostels would be our home away from home. And after having lived here for the last 4 years, I can see how true the statement is. And if these hostels are my home, then my wing mates are truly my family. They are some of the best friends that I have had till now and I guess would ever have in my lifetime. These are the people with whom I have shared some of the most cherishable moments of my life, people from whom no secret of my life is hidden, people who I can trust with my eyes closed, people with whom I have had little fights, with whom I have had so much fun. I wish like Albus Dumbeldore, even I could put my thoughts in a pensive and could go back to the past whenever I feel nostalgic. But this sadly isn't some Harry Potter story. All good things do come to an end. At this juncture when some of them will move on to start a new life outside IITK, I would like to share my thoughts about them. I would like to share some of the most joyous occasions which I would like to preserve. I would like to make this blog my pensive.

In the coming posts, I would write testimonials for each of my friends, something which I really feel like doing, something that they really deserve.

No comments: