Tuesday, August 3, 2010

With a little help from my friends

I get by with a little help from my friends.
I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

Last 24 hours have been tumultuous. Yesterday my thesis supervisor told me that I would have to start working on a new approach in my thesis. That would have required spending at least a month more on my work which would have meant that I could not join my job on the designated joining date. Considering my aversion to join a core job and the fact that non-core jobs don't come by easily, I was feeling tensed. So I did what I normally do to cope up with such a situation. I called my friends. And they came up with suggestions that they deemed fit. The new possibilities that were shown to me by them really calmed me. Few of them called me up again in the evening to check the things with me.

I always try not to indulge my family in my problems. I know my mother gets really worried when she finds me in a difficulty. And the last thing that I want is to see her getting worried. So I gave her a rosy picture of the scenario. I was more open with my dad and told him the things as they were. His words which carry with them his experiences with the ways of the world made me realize that no matter how bad the things are, I would always have a support system to fall back on. My sister sounded jolly though I do know that she was as worried as my mother. But she did her best not to show her worries.

Today morning, I received a mail from the company HR saying that they don't have any problem with me delaying my joining and that I can join once I complete my thesis. I can't say what a relief this is. I can now start working again with a fresh mind.

But I really can't thank my family and friends enough. They are always there when I need them. I am hopeful to get pass anything with a little help from them.

Thank you all :)

No comments: