Thursday, May 6, 2010

A lonely moment

No matter how engaging the hostel life is with all the friends to chat with, internet to waste time on, books to read and occasional work to be done, there are times when I dearly miss my mother. Times like this when I am writing this post. I just so want to talk to her now but she must have gone to sleep by this time.

I sometimes miss those school days when she used to scold me for not studying. I miss her timely satires and sarcasms. I wish she could be around me to scold me when I am idling around. I wish she could be around pecking me when I am wasting myself. I wish she could be around me so that I could sleep with my head on her laps.

3 comments:

Suruchi said...

Short n sweet n heartfelt...
The closing line is almost heartbreaking...
I hope you see her soon again:-)

Ankit said...

Hey, thanks :)
Although I am stuck here for few more months, I think that I wud be able to make a trip to home shortly..

Tele Jane said...

hmm...

can simply say: Lucky me to have mine near me...!! :)